Advanced search
Compare list
All makes
All manufacturers
For sale
My dcmcm
Forum
BAR Die Cast Models
 
 
 
British American Racing - BAR was a Formula One constructor that competed in the sport from 1999 to 2005. BAR began by acquiring Tyrrell, and used Supertec engines for their first year. The team was named after British American Tobacco plc (BAT), which owned and sponsored it in order to display its Lucky Strike and 555 brands.

In mid-November 2004 Honda purchased 45% of the team, and in September 2005 purchased the remaining 55% share to become the sole owner. Consequently BAR Honda became the Honda team for the 2006 Formula One season. BAT continued as title sponsor with the Lucky Strike brand but due to new tobacco advertising regulations worldwide, pulled its Lucky Strike sponsorship from Formula One entirely at the end of the 2006 season.
 
2004 - 006 / 007
2003 - 005
2002 - 004
2000 - 002 / 003
1999 - 01